CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Things i'm currently obsessed with...

Last semester a kid in my class gave a presentation about what we can do to help out our fellow men, in the comfort of our own home. Well, this is about as easy as it gets.

By CLICKING HERE you will be directed to a very simple website. On the front of it you will see a large button that says "Click here to give-It's FREE!!". It's just that simple.

I've set this page as my home page so that every time my browser loads, i will just hurry and give a click before i rush off the facebook(blah!). By clicking this button i have given 1.1 cups of food to the hungry. Let's just say that i have EASILY given thousands of cups of food to the poor just this year. It's SUPER easy. And it does a TON of good.

At the top you will notice some tabs like Breast Cancer, Child Health, Literacy etc. Each tab has it's own page for you to click its button. Sometimes i'll just go through and click all of them out of shere boredom.

Just set this as your home page!! From Jan-Jun of this year, there has already been over 34 million cups donated. SO EASY!!!





Music and anything music related i'm currently obsessed with....


----Taylor Swift's new cd "Fearless" is my guilty pleasure. Maybe it's cause songs like this make me curl up in a ball of feminine emotion. It's just a feel good love song. It's just a fun little cd. That's the only "family friendly" cd i can think of right now. The new Killers cd is gonna be sick though.


----THIS GUY blows my mind. Just watch it for about a minute and you'll see what i'm talking about.

---- Searches of "Song covers" that i enjoy. For example: If i like the song "fall for you" by Secondhand Serenade. I would search "fall for you secondhand COVER" on youtube. Welcome to your weekend entertainment!! You'll find masterpieces such as:

Theatre boy

Kinda sad but funny

Personal Fav. Just plain funny

It honestly BOGGLES my mind that some people have confidence to do this. Almost as much as it boggles my mind that some people go to American Idol auditions with there head held high; until reality sets in of course. I find myself doing these cover searches quite a bit these days.

Not all are bad! Check this dude out...about 30 seconds in it gets pretty cool.



----My favorite activity as of late is taking up the characterstics of a Hypochondriac. It seems as though, after taking some workout supplement( don't worry John, you can stay on yours. This one was A LOt stronger) i had a little bit of what professionals call a "kidney problem".

Seeing as how i didn't have any health insurance, my "Karen" traits kicked in.

Me at night with the slightest little pain in my abdomen area:
"Oh crap, is that my appendix exploding. I think it just ruptured. Yep, i'm almost positive it JUST ruptured. But i have no insurance!! Ah hell mitch, just lay here and die. You can't afford to live"

"HOLY CRAP!!!! I KNOW that pain was from my kidney stones moving towards my bladder. I should get up and drink some water. Say a prayer mitch, just say a prayer. (A gallon later. 3:00 am) Ok, i think i'm good. Yeah, i'm good. I'm probably good. WHAT IF I'M NOT GOOD!!!!"

"Wait a minute.....what tha......is that a pain below my belly button.....yes.....it IS rather sensitive there. Ah CRAP mitch, remember when Joey on friends had a hernia? That's where he said it was!! Check to see if there's a bump there (scanning entire abdomen area.......................still scanning) Wait a minute........yeah....yeah i can feel something there(currently performing the "Crunch Test". Flexing my stomach to see if it hurts anymore when i flex). Crap, i have a freaking Hernia. Again i tell myself. Just lay here and die, you can't afford to live"


Good News!! I'M NOW INSURED!!

Do i have problems? Who can i blame for these problems? One day at a time. Just ooooooone day at a time.

"....baby steps out through the office....baby steps out the door...baby steps onto the elevator... baby steps INTO the elevator"

Not being Insured made me feel like BOB.
Thanks State Farm! (30 rock....funny freakin show)



--The rest of my favs are not appropriate for this blog. I'm working with my bishop to get over these "favs". Some people call it "sinning". I just call it "doing what i love". (This is for mom)

13 comments:

jill said...

Mitchy! I laughed my HEAD off!!! Especially when it got to the dialogue "lie here and die because you can't afford to live." I can't quit laughing!!! We're all the same, every last sick one of us!

GREAT POST!!!

Up in Bubbles said...

Pretty stinking funny little guy. Sorry for the painful experience, the funny thing is I have two of those episodes in my life. At 1 I had the double hernia, at 13 i was bitten by a black widow spider (shear hellish pain, and in the background Jill and Jennifer laughing at me asking if they should call Shenay to come make me fell better). I hope the two of you are happy about that!! 15 years old I had a doctor examine my inards to find out that my appendix needed to come out immediately. When you start getting shivers, fever and excruciating pain in your belly then you know you appendix does not like its host any more. Get to the doc and get it out.

I also look at covers on youtube from time to time. Mostly after listening to Fix You by Coldplay. I have found some really awesome covers by some guys doing accoustic. Check it out...Not really into the less than talented ones cause I get to nervous when I see that 600,000 people of watched them and made rude remarks. How can people do that themselves. Good post stink....L8

Jek said...

Loved it Mitch, update more often. You are too funny, and I can't wait to hang out this week.

jill said...

Sorry John!!! I feel bad about that whole black widow thing. As for the appendix I had NO idea you had them removed!

Up in Bubbles said...

appendix is singular. you only have one. Thanks sissy

Jayne Layne said...

Yeah that was pretty freaking funny. For some reason I think I was more stressed out about you not having insurance than mom even was... Glad to see you got it, and glad to see that you didn't have a hernia, kidney stones, or a ruptured appendix. That was freaking hiliarious. I know I mentioned it before, but please remember when you believed me and were extremely worried that your ear would rupture on the plane... You might have more Karen in you than you think. You will make a good parent :)

I am going to check out those "Help" websites right now.

KIT... Twilight seriously rooooooools.

VEGAS VIC said...

You are too funny.
Like they say, Don't tell me worrying doesn't pay. Nothing I have ever worried about has happened.
You lay off the hard stuff and you will be okay.

MOM

JENNIFRO said...

Brother...you are a natural! You've got to do this more. It gave me a good bunch of giggles all the way through! I love your personality. ANd I have to admit the night you called mom and dad's house about your pains...I was a bit surprised to hear the paranoia coming through in your voice--reminded me a lot of how Nicholas reacts to pain (wimpish) Not that you're a wimp I'd just never heard you sound so ticky and nervous-like. Sort of funny in a mean sort of way!

I'm heading back to check out all your links--I love the stuff you find!!! Hope the falsetto dude is on there. I almost blogged about him the other night.....love ya baby.

JENNIFRO said...

Oh yeah.....that ruptured eardrum is a classic story!! I can SOOO clearly picture your P. Off face giving Jayne the flared nostril stare-down!

JENNIFRO said...

TOTALLY LOVED that cute black boy! He was fantastic!

kamille frey said...

can always count on mitch miller for a good laugh.

Jeff and Jenn said...

Hey, I found your blog recently and really liked this post! I do some posts on my blog called Blog Gems every once in a while of funny things I've found on other peoples' blogs and was wondering if I might be able to include part of this post and link to it. It's really funny!

Mitch said...

Ha. I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, go for it!